- Active substances: Ivermectin
- Injectable solution to prevent and treat the infestations with gastrointestinal worms, lung worms, nasal worms, kidney worms, myiasis, lice, acariens, ticks
- Target species: cattle, sheep, goats, swine
- Administration: subcutaneous
- Package: 10 ml
1 ml contains:
Ivermectin………………………………………………. 10 mg
Excipient: Glycerol formal, Propylene glycol.
EVOMEC, through its active component – ivermectin, acts against both endoparasites and ectoparasites in cattle, sheep, goats and swine. Ivermectin is a derivative of avermectin, isolated by the fermentation of an actinomycete named Streptomyces avermitilis.More info
Cattle, sheep, goats, swine.
In cattle is used to prevent and treat the infestations with:
- Gastrointestinal worms (larval and adult stages): Ostertagia spp., Haemonchus spp., Trichostrongylus spp., Cooperia spp., Oesophagostomum radiatum, Nematodirus spp., Strongyloides papillosus, Bunostomum phlebotomum, Toxocara vitulorum
- Lung worms: Dictyocaulus viviparus
- Myiasis parasites: Hypoderma bovis (migratory larvae, L1 stage), Dermatobia hominis
- Lice: Linognathus vituli, Haematopinus eurystemus, Solenopote capillatus, Damilinia bovis
- Scabies pathogens: Sarcoptes scabie var bovis, Chorioptes bovis, Psoroptes bovis
- Ticks: Ixodes spp., Rhipicephalus spp., Boophilus microplus
In sheep and goats is used to prevent and treat the infestations with:
- Gastrointestinal worms: Haemonchus contortus, Ostertagia Spp., Trichostrongylus axei, Nematodirus Spp.,Cooperia curticei, Oesophagostum Spp., Chabertia ovina, Trichuris ovis, Strongyloides papillosus, Gaigeria pachyscelis
- Lung worms: Dictyocaulus filiaria, Protstrongylus rufescens
- Nasal worms: Oestrus ovis
- Scabies pathogens: Psoroptes ovis, Sarcoptes scabie
In swine is used to prevent and treat the infestations with:
- Gastrointestinal worms: Hyostrongylus rubidus, Ascaris suum, Oesophagostomum Spp., Strongyloides ransomi, Trichuris suis.
- Lung worms: Metastrongylus Spp.
- kidney worms: Stephanurus dentatus
- Lice: Haemotopinus suis
- Scabies pathogens: Sarcoptes scabie var. suis
POSOLOGY AND METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
EVOMEC is administered in next dosage, subcutaneously, depending on the species and weight:
Administer 1 ml EVOMEC per 50 kg body weight.
|Body weight / (kg)||50||100||150||200||250||300||350||400||450||500||550||600|
For hypodermosis: 0.1 ml EVOMEC per animal (1 mg ivermectin) during October – December.
Administer 0.5 ml EVOMEC per 25 kg body weight.
|Body weight / (kg)||25||50||75||100||125||150|
|EVOMEC / (ml)||0.5||1.0||1.5||2||2.5||3.0|
In ruminant animals the treatment is applied twice a year (in spring and autumn) in unique dose, and in case of scabies the treatment at every 10 – 14 days.
Administer 1 ml Evomec subcutaneously on each side of the neck per 33 kg body weight:
|Body weight / (kg)||8||16||33||50||66||99||133||166||200|
The program of treatment recommended for swine:
- Breeding animal:
Sows are treated with 7 – 14 days before calving to reduce the danger of infestation in piglets;
Gilts are treated with 7 – 14 days before mating and delivering.
Boars should be treated twice a year. The frequency of treatments depends on exposure to infection.
- Fattening animals:
All pigs transfered in fattening locations should be treated before being placed in clean boxes.
In the parasites combating program is important to treat the whole herd.
In case of reinfestation ask the advice of a veterinarian regarding the frequency of administrating the product and about the necessity to repeat the treatment.
CONTRAINDICATIONS, PRECAUTIONS AND ADVERSE REACTIONS
Do not administer intramuscularly or intravenously. Do not administrate the product in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or to other excipient. Some transitory edemas might appear in the inoculation spot. It can be used in the gestation and lactation period. Do not mix the product in the same syringe with other injectable solutions, in order to avoid precipitation.
Meat and organs: Cattle – 49 days; goats, swine – 28 days; sheep – 21 days
There is no authorization to use the product in lactation animals that produce milk for human consumption.
At temperatures below 25°C, away from direct sunlight and freezing. Store in the original container.
Vials with foreseen with rubber plug and metallic cover with 20 ml solution.