- Active substances: Flubendazole
- Oral powder to treat helminthosis
- Target species: swine, birds
- Administration: orally
- Package: 50 g, 100 g, 1 kg, 10 kg,
100 g powder contains:
Flubendazole ………………………………………….. 5 g
Starch q.s.ad. ……………………………………. 100 g
Flubendazolee is an antihelminthic drug from the benzimidazoles group (Albendazolee, mebendazole). In swine is active against mature and immature stages of nematodes of the gastrointestinal tract, including Ascaris suum migrating larvae and helminths located in the pig’s lung.
In birds, it is active against gastrointestinal nematodes, cestodes and particularly against helminth with tracheal location.
Flubendazolee destroys not only the adult forms of the parasite, but larval stages in migration in the body. It also has ovicidal effect.More info
Swine and birds.
The product is recommended in the treatment of helminthosis caused by the following parasites:
- In swine: Ascaris suum, Hyostrongylus rubidus, Oesophagostomum spp. Trichocephalus spp., Trichinella spiralis, Metastrongylus spp., Strongyloides ransomi
- In birds: Ascaridia galli, Heterakis gallinae, Capillaria spp., Amidostomum anseris, Trichostrongylus spp., Syngamus trachea, Railletina spp.
POSOLOGY, ROUTE AND METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
The powder is administered orally, incorporated into food (concentrate feed).
- Group treatment: the dose is 600 g HELMIX F / tonne of feed (30 g Flubendazole / tonne of feed) for 5-10 days, depending on the type and level of infestation
- Individual treatment: HELMIX F is incorporated in the feed, in order to ensure a dose of 5 mg Flubendazole/kg live weight – respectively 2 g HELMIX F/20 kg live weight – unique administration
For the treatment of trichinellosis, the dose is 1.2 kg HELMIX F/tonne of feed, for 7 days, for mass treatment or 4 g HELMIX F/20 kg live weight (200 mg Flubendazole/20 kg live weight), for 5 days, for individual treatment.
Frequency of treatment: 2 times per year or by the veterinarian’s advice.
- broilers, hens, geese: 600 g HELMIX F / tonne of feed (30 g Flubendazole / tonne of feed), for 7 consecutive days. If case of infestation with Railletina spp. incorporate 1.2 kg HELMIX F / tonne of feed (60 g Flubendazole / tonne of feed)
- turkey hens: 400 g HELMIX F / tonne of feed (20 g Flubendazole / tonne of feed), for 7 consecutive days
Frequency of treatment: in case of premises of infestation, it is necessary to repeat treatment every 3 weeks.
CONTRAINDICATIONS, PRECAUTIONS AND ADVERSE REACTIONS
Do not use in pigeons and parrots. Do not administrate the product in case of hypersensitivity to Flubendazolee or to any other component of the product. Use the product only in swine and birds.
Flubendazole is generally well tolerated. Rarely, abdominal pain, vomiting and transient diarrhea have been reported. HELMIX F can be safely administered to pregnant and lactating animals. In birds, treatment with HELMIX F, even at a dose 3 times higher than prescribed, does not affect laying, egg quality and offspring quality. HELMIX F is not toxic. There is no side effect even in high overdoses.
Meat: Swine, birds – 14 days
Eggs: 7 days.
At temperatures below 25°C, away from direct sunlight. Store in the original container, tightly closed.
Bags of 50 g, 100 g and 1 kg and bags of 10 kg.