Fenbendazole: 100 mg/mL
Panacur® (fenbendazole) 10% Suspension, Horse & Cattle Dewormer, is administered orally and is used to control and remove lungworms, stomach worms, and intestinal worms.
Panacur® Horse, Beef & Dairy Cattle Dewormer Suspension 10% is a dewormer.
In horses, beef and dairy cattle, dosed at 5 mg/kg (2.3 mg/lb), it is used for the removal and control of:
- Lungworm: (Dictyocaulus viviparus)
- Stomach worm (adults): Ostertagia ostertagi (brown stomach worm).
- Stomach worm (adults & 4th stage larvae): Haemonchus contortus/placei (barberpole worm), Trichostrongylus axei (small stomach worm).
- Intestinal worm (adults & 4th stage larvae): Bunostomum phlebotomum (hookworm), Nematodirus helvetianus (thread-necked intestinal worm), Cooperia punctata and C. oncophora (small intestinal worm), Trichostrongylus colubriformis (bankrupt worm), Oesophagostomum radiatum (nodular worm).
Beef Cattle, dosed at 10 mg/kg (4.6 mg/lb.), it is used for the removal and control of:
- Stomach worm (4th stage inhibited larvae): Ostertagia ostertagi (Type II Ostertagiasis)
- Tapeworm: Moniezia benedeni
Cattle must not be slaughtered for human consumption within 8 days following treatment.
Do not use at 10 mg/kg in dairy cattle. Dose rate of 10 mg/kg is for beef cattle only. Dose rate of 10 mg/kg in dairy cattle could result in violative residues in milk.
A withdrawal period has not been established for this product in pre-ruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.
Recommended dosages only. Always follow the directions for dosing and administration from your veterinarian.
Determine the proper dose according to estimated body weight. Administer orally.
In horse and cattle, the recommended dose of 5 mg/kg is achieved when 2.3 mL of the drug are given for each 100 lb of body weight.
In beef cattle only, the recommended dosage of 10 mg/kg for treatment of Ostertagiasis Type II (inhibited 4th stage larvae) or tapeworm is achieved when 4.6 mL of the drug is given for each 100 lb of body weight.
Under conditions of continued exposure to parasites, retreatment may be needed after 4-6 weeks.
There are no known contraindications to the use of the drug in cattle. For dairy cattle there is no milk withdrawal period at 5 mg/kg.
Store at or below 25°C (77°F). Protect from freezing. Shake well before use.
For use in Horse, Beef and Dairy cattle only
Keep out of reach of children and animals.